It can not comprise within the report that is mere of views, nor in merely a report of this viewpoints associated with the philosophers we discuss. You must protect the claims you make. You need to provide reasons to believe them.
Which means you can’t simply state:
My view is the fact that P. i really believe this because.
we realize that the after considerations. supply a convincing argument for P.
Descartes says that Q; nonetheless, the thought-experiment that is following show that Q is certainly not real.
Descartes says that Q. We find this claim plausible, when it comes to after reasons.
- Criticize that argument; or show that one arguments for the thesis are not any good
- Protect the argument or thesis against another person’s critique
- Offer reasons to trust the thesis
- Offer counter-examples to your thesis
- Contrast the talents and weaknesses of two views that are opposing the thesis
- Offer examples that assist explain the thesis, or that really help to really make the thesis more plausible
- Argue that one philosophers are focused on the thesis by their other views, though they don’t turn out and explicitly endorse the thesis
- Discuss just exactly just what consequences the thesis will have, if it had been true
- Revise the thesis, when you look at the light of some objection